Jaramogi Odinga White T-shirt
Ajuma Jaramogi Oginga Odinga (Born Oct 1912 – Died Jan 20th, 1994) was one of the leaders of Kenya’s political legislature council which helped guide Kenya to independence. Odinga adapted the name “Jaramogi” (meaning son of Ramogi) after he vowed to uphold the ideals of Ramogi Ajwang a fabled ancestral Luo chief.
Odinga entered Kenyan politics in 1947 when he became a member of Kenya’s legislative council.
He became a devoted supporter of the future president of Kenya Jomo Kenyatta.
When Kenyatta was jailed by the British in 1953, Odinga became the most outspoken resistance leader calling for his release.
Kenya gained independence in Dec 1963. Kenyatta became the President and Odinga was appointed Vice President.
In 1966 he resigned
as the country’s first vice-president, his defiance would lead to his arrest and detainment for two years.
On his release, he remained a vocal opposition leader and champion of democracy until his death in 1994.
- Lightweight 100% cotton tee.
- Digital technology printing process.
- 100% combed cotton for a super soft hand feel.
- 30 singles thread weight.
- Fine JerseySlim fit Made in the USA
- Processing Time 2-3 days.
- Shipping Time (Expedited) 3-7 Business Days.
- Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time.